COI Employment Opportunities
Community Options, Incorporated is a private Family Home Agency that serves adults with developmental disabilities throughout parts of Southern and Central California. COI recruits, trains, supports, monitors, and certifies qualified privatehomes and providers. COI provides case management, residential supports and specialized services. COI takes a person-centered and personalized approach when working with individuals and their families.
Job Announcement #1
Community Living Coordinator (Residential Case Manager) Full-time Salaried Position
Medical and Dental Benefits
Full time - Salaried (some evenings, weekends, and on call)
Main Office: Van Nuys, Supervising the San Fernando/Santa Clarita/Antelope Valleys
If you're self-motivated, great at multi-tasking, enjoy a variety of projects, work well with people in a fast-paced environment, possess excellent public relations/marketing abilities, and would like to do work for a great cause, apply to Community Options Incorporated (COI). COI is currently seeking a District Administrator.
The qualified individual will work independently with minimal supervision, performing diversified administrative responsibilities supervising case management staff, direct care staff, training activities, and monitoring of Certified Adult Family Home Providers throughout Los Angeles County. A major focus of responsibility is relating with the public in active recruitment of family home provider candidates, and interfacing with various social service agencies. This position involves knowledge of developmental disabilities, community based services, case management, and quality service delivery. At least two years management experience in the developmental disabilities service arena or a related field is required. Must be computer literate with excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing) with strong leadership abilities. Master's degree is highly desired. Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are desirable. Must posses a valid California Driver's License.
For more information visit our website at www.communityoptions.com
Please Fax Resume with cover letter and salary history to (818) 780-0199 or e-mail to ingrid @ communityoptions.com by February 8, 2013.
Job Announcement #2
Job Title: Respite Staff
SUMMARY OF JOB
Provides direct care and supervision (on-call and/or prearranged) for individuals with developmental disabilities that reside in private certified homes in the community by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
* Includes the following, but not limited to:
- Directly provide (“on-call” and/or prearranged) care, support, and supervision for consumers at a staffing ratio 1:1 or 1:2 unless otherwise approved by an Associate Director or CEO of COI.
- Coordinate and schedule hours of work with each family home provider and consumer on caseload for short- term (8 hours or less) community integration and inclusion needs for each consumer who has been identified and approved by supervisor.
- Assist consumers in their family home and/or local community in the following areas: social/recreational activities, community integration and inclusion activities, educational activities, personal care activities, and activities that assist consumers in meeting their Individual Support Plan needs.
- Implements consumer’s Person-Centered Plan, Individual Support/Service Plan (ISP), and Individual Program Plan (IPP)
- Develop, maintain, and track each consumer’s progress with ISP objectives, progress notes, medication dispensing/administering, and other pertinent information by the end of each work shift.
- Responds to request for on-call emergency support needs for consumers during and after typical business hours.
- Documents and records activities, consumer response to these activities, regulatory requirements, and service requirements by the end of each work shift.
- Provides quality leadership and quality relationships with staff, contractors, consumers, family members, and professional agencies in the community.
- Documents and report special incident reports, alleged abuse, and other matters impacting each consumer’s quality of life and/or corporate business.
- Attend and participate in mandatory quarterly in-service meetings and other meetings required by COI. 100% attendance to quarterly in-services is an expectation of all respite employees. Exceptions may be granted by an Associate Director or CEO of COI in emergency situations
- Ability to make logical decisions, detail oriented, well organized, personable, professional, willing to learn, able to communicate with people of diverse cultures and lifestyles.
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education and/or Experience
At least six months experience in direct care for persons with developmental disabilities is highly preferable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic clinical treatment plans, basic, reports, state regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, contractors, families, employees, community agencies, regulatory agencies, and other businesses in the community. Ability to effectively present information to consumers, contractors, families, employees, community agencies, regulatory agencies, and other businesses in the community.
Ability to perform basic mathematical concepts that apply to management of consumer’s personal monies and incidentals while under direct care in the community.
Ability to define problems, collect basic data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to identify and access generic and community resources that are essential in providing quality services and supports.
Ability to perform duties of the job involves prioritizing and paying close attention to detail. Ability to prioritize needs and demands is essential.An employee must demonstrate the ability to maintain updated paperwork/documentation, schedules, and appointments.
Certification, Licenses, Clearances, & Registrations
To perform the duties of this job, an individual must possess reliable daily transportation, maintain vehicle insurance for the automobile used to perform the functions of this position, and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
COI must obtain initial and ongoing criminal background clearances from the Department of Justice, Department of Developmental Services, and in some instances the Federal Bureau of Investigation as per Welfare and Institutions Code-Title 17.
Successful completion and maintenance of CPR/1st Aid within 30 days of employment is a condition of continued employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell.The employee frequently is required to climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
Transporting to and from home locations and other community locations is an essential component of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
or fax to (818) 780-0199